Warhammer 40K: Darktide replace 1.08 is the most recent from developer Fatshark in its collection of patches to the early entry beta for its industrial future fantasy co-op recreation. It says that the pre-order beta continues to permit the staff “to check, discover new points, and resolve them.” Whereas the discharge of Darktide patch 1.07 put the sport on “an excellent trajectory,” Fatshark says it has made much more progress with this newest launch, although it notes that “there are nonetheless a number of pesky points on the market we’ll proceed to work by means of.”
Core to the Darktide 1.08 patch are new development and economic system options, together with the launch of the primary a part of the sport’s crafting system. The Armoury Alternate will now provide a small choice of character and weapon cosmetics, with extra entry being unlocked as your participant stage will increase. New end-of-round playing cards will spotlight the weapons and feats which can be obtainable to gamers to enhance readability for the development.
The Mourningstar’s Tech Priest, Hadron Omega-7-7, will now seem on the Shrine of the Omnissiah within the recreation’s hub upon getting a belief stage of 4 or increased. Moreover, the patch introduces the Consecration capability, which helps you to improve a weapon or curio’s tier – giving it a random perk or blessing based mostly on the tier it has been upgraded to. This makes use of crafting supplies, which can now be discovered throughout missions on Tertium.
The staff at Fatshark additionally says it’s working onerous to enhance the gameplay stability. The main target in replace 1.08 is “attempting to stability easy kite-dodging and sustaining the nimbleness of lighter weapons that stay and die by the dodge.” As well as, Fatshark provides that it’s “monitoring the present dodge and toughness configuration and can proceed to tweak it main as much as launch.”
Warhammer 40K: Darktide replace 1.08 patch notes – November 24
New characteristic – Crafting
- UI for interacting with the workshop is out there.
- Consecrate performance is out there for gamers.
- Gamers can earn crafting supplies from missions through pickups.
- Hadron’s Workshop as an interplay level can be obtainable.
- Armoury Alternate up to date – Character and weapon skins within the retailer.
High quality of Life
- Added EOR (end-of-round) Playing cards to point out higher what you unlock.
- Sire Melk’s Requisitorium ought to present higher objects general by solely having pristine/mastercrafted objects.
- Made Zealot’s Penance tier 1 and a couple of pants extra distinct.
- We’ve added higher interfacing for some instances the place invalid names are entered throughout character creation, making it clearer that the chosen identify/enter shouldn’t be accepted.
- Mounted unlocalized strings within the settings menu.
- Fixing some localization on some cosmetics objects.
- Improved merchandise sorting by rarity – ought to now take into account merchandise ranking too (shouldn’t crash now both!).
Fixes and tweaks
- Mounted an occasion the place gamers couldn’t use weapon particular when ADS with the Lucius Mk III Helbore Lasgun.
- Mounted points with some audio on the Excise Vault Spireside-13 mission.
- Turned down the sunshine emitted by the Zealot. The Zealot calmed down, and their overly vibrant aura will function a flashlight now not.
- Mounted it so the Convict Garb now not clips when having a particular face.
- Mounted a problem with some gloves not trying right whereas sprinting.
- Mounted a problem the place a number of of the enemy stagger animations clipped loads.
- Can now use weapon particular when ADS on Headhunter Autoguns and Braced Autoguns.
- Mounted some flickering in some prologue cinematics.
- The digicam would soar by means of geometry when switching between gamers in spectator mode. Now, it’ll soar between gamers to take away these unpleasant geometry collisions.
- Weirdly, ammo elevated indefinitely when reloading through the prologue, which might trigger a crash. This was mounted, and you may reload as a lot as you want.
- Mounted some points with buffering melee assaults when enjoying as Ogryn. No assault was triggered when gamers held the button “too early” in a series. We now have now adjusted this a bit to make the general really feel higher.
- Higher Number of grunts when pushing a number of enemies. We all know you like an excellent grunt.
- Some voice-over was unintentionally canceled by gamers inserting world markers or utilizing the comms wheel – we mounted that for ya.
- Gamers can now not stand on prime of the elevator in Chasm Logistratum and render the mission inconceivable to finish.
- Re-entering an airlock after utilizing it now not triggers the ‘group up’ VO, as that is now not the target.
- Mounted a problem the place stacking crit bonuses would break the crit calculation, rendering the weapon unable to crit. Say “crit” yet one more time…
- Mounted the Drive Workers generally having a +x% reload velocity property – regardless of not being reloadable. It’s a employees, in any case—no have to reload it.
- The Counter hearth’ Veteran Feat ought to now work constantly.
- Mounted a problem with the Accatran Mk VIIa Lasgun, the place pictures would disappear after touring round 45 meters / 147.6 ft / 49 yards / 0.0045 Swedish Miles.
- Made some minor tweaks to the minion melee motion.
- Tweaked ranged minions vary change from melee to ranged override when gamers are kiting them to not happen too near gamers.
- Mounted some damaged stagger animations for numerous minions and a few sound tweaks.
- Mounted animation on gasoline hose NPC character being frozen initially of the extent 18 Path of Belief cutscene.
- Prologue cinematic repair for Zolas wound not trying like a wound, however one thing…else.
- Made some voice-over tweaks in order that we at all times play a line when deploying a well being pack or ammo crate.
- Mounted problem inflicting two, or generally fewer, objects to seem within the credit retailer on refresh.
- Improved stability of end-of-round rewards finalizing.
- Setup separate weapon-specific dodge curves for gentle melee weapons, tune-up separate zealot baseline:
- Setup separate dodge curve for Zealot class, enhance baseline dodge distance to 2.75m over 0.4s (was 2.5m over 0.4s).
- Enhance dodge slide friction velocity threshold to five.5m/s (from 4.5) – we don’t break down as onerous on dodge-sliding.
- Setup weapon particular curves for agile dodge profiles to permit personalized conduct:
- For Atrox Tactical Axes and Maccabian Duelling Swords: Customized curve 2.75m over 0.35s with fine-tuned finish of curve for chaining.
- For Catachan Mk III Fight Blade: Customized curve 2.9m over 0.35s with fine-tuned finish of curve for chaining.
In the event you’re diving in for early entry or on the recreation’s launch, make sure to take a look at our information to all of the Darktide lessons you may play as, in addition to the perfect Darktide weapons to get you began. We’ve additionally obtained all the pieces you should know concerning the present state of Darktide crossplay and whether or not we’re more likely to see it carried out in future updates.