Writer Atari, and builders Adamvision Studios and SneakyBox have introduced Caverns of Mars: Recharged for PlayStation 5, Xbox Sequence, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Change, PC (Steam, Epic Video games Retailer), and Atari VCS. It’s going to launch on March 9 for $9.99.
Right here is an summary of the sport, by way of Atari:
Caverns of Mars: Recharged takes the simple, addictive enchantment of the unique sport and provides extra caverns, extra challenges, extra weapons, fashionable graphics and leaderboards. And it might not be a Recharged title with out an incredible new unique soundtrack.
In Caverns of Mars: Recharged you descend into tunnels beneath the floor of Mars in a mad sprint to destroy the reactor and furthest depths of the enemy’s base. Dodge particles, filter out obstacles, and blast enemies, all whereas conserving ammunition as you descend at excessive pace into enemy territory. Your ammo is restricted and enemies are plentiful, so make each shot depend.
The unique Caverns of Mars was successful that got here out of nowhere. In an period of side-scrollers a highschool senior named Greg Christensen developed a sport the place gamers descended vertically. The few vertical scrolling video games that existed have been largely snowboarding and driving video games, however Christsensen made an area sport, set within the tunnels of Mars. He submitted it to APX, Atari’s mail order software program catalog. The day his undertaking arrived in Sunnyvale it was acknowledged for its high quality, and it turned the very first APX submission to be launched as an Atari sport, and one in every of solely a handful to ever make that leap.
- Totally Destructible Environments – Blast your approach by obstructions, however be conscious of gasoline reserves—every shot additionally accelerates your restricted time to achieve the underside
- Arcade – Traverse the three depths of Mars in a race to achieve the underside and destroy the reactor, strategically accumulating upgrades that’ll make every run distinctive.
- Problem Mode – Progress by 30 distinctive missions that ramp up the issue and ship bite-sized challenges throughout navigation, fight, and different situations.
- Energy Ups – Gather weapons that may change your technique on the fly. Carve a brand new path with the targeted railgun shot or leverage the unfold of speedy shotgun blasts.
- Native Cooperative Play – In a novel spin on the gameplay, cut up the tasks whereas one participant navigates and the opposite shoots from a separate drone in tow.
- Leaderboards – Compete in world leaderboards for factors or pace.
Watch the announcement trailer beneath. View the primary screenshots on the gallery.